Matthew D. Scott
Matt founded MDSLaw Ohio in 2011. He and his team focus entirely on helping families and business owners to plan their futures. Working in close collaboration with a trusted network of financial advisers, accountants, bankers and real estate professionals, Matt delivers high-quality legal services in a no-nonsense fashion. He has prepared well over 2,000 estate plans, from simple to complex, for clients located throughout California and Ohio.
Prior to law school, Matt received a Bachelor of Music degree with emphasis in Vocal Performance at Brigham Young University. He has sung in multiple countries and in a dozen languages, including an appearance at Carnegie Hall. He has released two solo albums under his own label.
Mr. Scott has held FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses, as well as life, accident, and health with annuities and long-term care licenses in various states, bringing a deeper knowledge of the financial implications of legal decisions and important planning considerations. He has recently concentrated his practice in three key areas of the law, and continues to work very closely with trusted experts in the financial industry, to better advise his clients.
- Estate Planning
- Business Planning
- Ohio Probate And Trust Administration
- Long-Term Care And Medicaid Planning
- Elder Law
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Major: Music w/Emphasis in Vocal Performance
- California, 2011
- Best Probate Lawyers in Elk Grove – Expertise.com
- Top Three Estate Planning Lawyers Elk Grove – Threebestrated.com
- Lead Counsel Rated Attorney
Classes & Seminars
- Seniors In The Know, Lyon Realty, 2014 to 2017
- Plan Your Future Now, Assisted Living, 2016 to Present
- The Golden State Report, KTKZ FM 105.5 – The Money Station, 2016 to Present